At one
Wow, wow, wow. It has been a really long time since I've blogged. I nearly forgot I even had a blog!Well, here I am, people. The last couple of months have been tumultuous--a new job, the holidays, new car, new apartment--and I hardly know where to begin.
I love my new job, by the way. It keeps me busy, challenged, and interested every day. I'm still learning so much, and I've been here for more than two months now. I love working with HarperCollins, I love working at Amazon, and of course I love all the free books! I don't have time to blog about everything awesome at my new gig, but suffice it to say I feel very lucky that things turned out this way.
The holidays were great, too--I finally had enough money to buy gifts for people, and it was fun to spend time picking out thoughtful gifts for the people I appreciate. I got some nice swag, too, so hooray for the holidays!
Switching gears a bit, I wonder if any of you get words stuck in your head. Some people get songs stuck in their heads, I get words. Lately the word ATONEMENT has been on my mind, which is nice because it also happens to be one of my favorite words. (Oh my gosh, that was geeky. Moving on....) Spiritually speaking, atonement is the process of literally becoming "at one" with God; hence, at-one-ment. Isn't that beautiful? Although technically this means to repent or ask forgiveness, there are so many things in life that would benefit from simple at-one-ment.
Anthony and I broke up last week, and the adjustment to everything that entails has been a time of atonement for me, speaking literally: I'm learning how to be "at one" with what happened in our relationship, this new period of living alone again, and simply navigating the murky waters of sustaining a friendship with Anthony as we try to mend ourselves. And yes, it has also been a time of spiritual atonement, as we look for ways to forgive ourselves and each other for the ways we hurt each other. I have faith that we will come through this and be much better for the experience. It hasn't been easy, but as Shakespeare said, "there is nothing good or bad but thinking makes it so." I'm trying to look positively on this change in my life, and in the process I am learning how to atone.
Anyway, many exciting things on the horizon for me, and I dearly wish I could write about them all now, but work calls. I will endeavor to be more diligent about this little weblog, but for now, ta-ta!


2 Comments:
Normally I'd put something about lemons and different "aides", but it seems that you're doing pretty good! :) Keep your chin to the sky kiddo!
you write so beautifully.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home