Speaking of Atonement
I just finished reading the book by Ian McEwan and it knocked the wind out of me. Wow, what a great book. The first section of the book was simply gorgeous in the style of Virginia Woolf--subtle, sensual, and thought-provoking. The other sections of the book were no less wonderful, although the ending was so unbearably sad.I'm only sorry they made a movie out of it because now everyone will think I read it because of the movie. (I hate it when that happens.) No, I have not seen the movie version, although I suppose I will because I'm anxious to see what Hollywood did with such a fantastic piece of writing. No doubt they ruined it, and I guess that makes me a masochist.
Anyway, read the book if you're so inclined. It's one of the best books I've read in a very long time.
Labels: Books


2 Comments:
so what book will you read next?
Hi Juliet, I just finished Atonement last week. Beautiful book. I haven't seen the movie yet either. I'm now reading The Jane Austen Book Club.
Hope all is well in your world.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home